Clinical Portal supports patient care by integrating existing disparate information systems, providing a single view of all patient data for clinical staff. In 2021 the following enhancements have been released:
- The first release of docked windows in Clinical Portal 8.11, allowing docking, and viewing of content throughout the user’s workflow.
- Clinical Portal now offers Multi-Factor Authentication. MFA will enhance your organisation’s security by requiring your users to identify themselves by more than a username and password. The capability has been built out using the Key cloak module.
- User preference service, a mechanism used to store personalisation data gathered to enhance the user experience.
- The Context Action button allows users to access commonly used functionality from the patient banner in a docked window or lightbox.
Orion Health Coordinate comprises workflow products such as Care Pathways and Collaborative Worklists that enable users to input data to the patient record across care settings. 2021 has seen updates including:
- The first release of Patient Forms and Questionnaires to enable patients and their representatives to complete medical documentation digitally.
- The launch of Checklists provides capability for clinical staff to conduct efficient handover of patients across the continuum of care by providing an interactive digital list of items and checks that have been or need completing.
- Care Pathways 2.25.0 has an improved documentation functionality with its new quick texts feature that enables the storing and easy re-use of commonly entered words and phrases to optimise the clinical data entry processes.
- The fastest version of Collaborative Worklists, version 1.14 included enhancements to streamline the end-user experience while Collaborative Worklists 2.0 provides a series of enhancements including the ability to configure lookups; inclusion of a ‘Viewer’ role for ‘Custom Lists’ and several usability features such as free text searching and frozen column headers to ease navigation of longer lists.
- Coordinate’s Breast Screening solution also released version 7.5 which delivers several enhancements based on end-user feedback including better visibility of key clinical information to improve decision-making and increase patient safety.
Medicines Viewer is the platform to aggregate medications data, including externally sourced messaged prescription orders, dispense fill records, administrations, and medication lists from externally sourced documents; optionally combined with the curated, authoritative current medication list generated within Orion Health Medicines.
In 2021, Medicines Viewer v3.10 introduced enhanced FHIR aggregators, APIs, and data storage to support the consolidation and presentation of immunisation information for our Shared Care Record customers.
Engage Patient Portal enables patients to access and take increased ownership of their care by enabling access to clinical staff and by providing educational information. Highlights for this year include:
- The release of Patient Portal 2020.11 improved authentication services by providing flexibility for customers to leverage common authentication services, extended document management to support HTML files and included critical updates to the Health Library, Shared Files, and Documents clinician and patient applications.
- Patient Portal now provides comprehensive views of their health record, including patient demographics, encounters, clinical documents, appointments, allergies, lab results, procedures, conditions, medications, dispensed medications and immunisations.
- We have removed product dependencies on deprecated web technologies Adobe Flash and Internet Explorer 11.
- The Documents application now supports HTML documents as well as PDFs, and Lab Results error handling has been improved to manage delivery of complex test results.
- Support for Patient Portal user authentication has been extended to enable industry leading protocols, like OpenID Connect, OAuth 2.0 and SAML. This enables customers to introduce single-sign on capabilities and multi-factor authentication to improve portal security for their end users.
- We have enabled a content management system to be leveraged with Patient Portal, enabling customers to directly manage content pages within the solution.
Orion Health Discover is designed to leverage data persisted in the suite of Orion Health products and platform enabling users to visualise and explore the data to assist decision-making and improve clinical outcomes. Highlights from 2021 include:
- Improved usability for clinicians by expanding the number of data domains available in the data warehouse in Discover 2.0 and enhancing the Discover Dive extension with new configurability of patient lists.
- Discover 2.2.0 integrates with Collaborative Worklists. This enables users to create and share a worklist directly from a dashboard so that it can be managed from Clinical Portal.
- Discover Data Warehouse now includes star schemas for encounters, procedures, problems, results, and allergies to enable analysis and dashboards with this data.
- The next release, Discover 2.3.0, enables a single set of clinical dashboards to monitor performance across a population.
Orion Health Intelligence gives customers access to world-class data science products and services. We’ve made some exciting additions to our innovation toolkits in 2021 including:
- De-Identifier enables safe data sharing with a framework of tools covering end-to-end de-identification activities. De-Identifier can handle a range of data types and applies various de-identification techniques to ensure your data is safe to use.
- Document Tagger is a beta-released Natural Language Processing solution that converts unstructured text into structured, codified content, so that focused clinical insights can be extracted. Document Tagger (Beta) supports clinical entity identification, links to all SNOMED concept types and now leverages the open-source BERT language model for even better accuracy.
If you have any questions about these updates or would like to find out more, please get in touch, we would love to hear from you!