Single Sign-On with TPP SystmOne
The Orion Health product team are pleased to announce TPP SystmOne as the latest addition to our inbound Embedded Mode (Single Sign-On) library. Embedded Mode (Single Sign-On), is our interoperability framework using the industry standard protocol SAML, allowing users to launch and use the solution from within their native system. Embedded Mode access is already available in EMIS Web and InPS Vision, which are the other two leading GP systems used within the UKI.
GPs are under considerable time pressure and do not want to have to remember additional username/password details to access other systems, so it is important that they can quickly access detailed care record information from other services to understand fully the treatment provided to their patients. Providing primary care professionals with this simple and secure mechanism to access more detailed information about their patients will help to encourage them to use the shared care record and to better plan ongoing care for their patients.
Discover 1.9 features improved software in clinical value and total cost of ownership
Discover is Orion Health’s analytics product. The product set is flexible and solutions are designed to meet the specific customer use case. This means that we can provide anything from a structured data solution to enable local analytics to a fully-fledged dashboard set. The dashboards and visualisations available through Discover enable healthcare professionals and colleagues to analyse the data persisted within their shared care records and use these insights to drive effective decision making.
Reducing time to value for our customers is a constant theme on the Discover roadmap, and with each release, we seek to iteratively improve the software in two areas – clinical value and total cost of ownership. With this in mind we are excited to announce the 1.9 release of Discover.
What is included in the release?
From a functional perspective we have introduced a series of new ‘out of the box’ dashboards along with enhanced usability features though Discover Dive. Our standard dashboard set that can be delivered to customers ‘out of the box’ (subject to local configuration) is stored in the Discovery Library. With this release we have added:
- Pathways Explorer – Enabling near-real-time reporting on Care Pathways enrolment and task information
- Population Overview – Providing demographic insights into population breakdown by age, gender, ethnicity, language and residential postcodes
- Email List – This dashboard was informed by a UKI customer and enables the user to obtain a list of email addresses of all available users. The list can be downloaded as a distribution list for all user communications
Discover Dive introduces the capability for a user to drill down to the individual patient level on dashboards where patient information has been aggregated. Once an individual has been identified on the dashboard, it is possible to open the patient in context within Clinical Portal directly from the dashboard. On dashboards where Discover Dive is enabled, privacy rules are evaluated when displaying patient drill down lists to ensure consistency with the wider platform.
Technically, the 1.9 release improves how quickly we can deploy a new Discover environment to customers by automating the activation of license keys. In addition, the Discover Server has been upgraded.
What does this mean for you?
The added dashboards represent further evolution in the breadth of insights that Discover can offer ‘out of the box.’ Self-service dashboards empower users to arrive at answers through just a few clicks, rather than having to resort to manual means of interrogating data or raising a Support Tracker ticket.
A good example of this is Pathways Explorer. Clinical team leads who want to keep a close eye on their patients’ progress through a pathway can now use the Pathways Explorer dashboard to explore their pathway and task data. Commonly asked questions such as ‘how many people have been enrolled in pathway XYZ this day/week/month/quarter/year?’ and ‘how many tasks have been completed since date ABC?’ are now at your fingertips. Monitoring adoption – how newly setup pathways are being used by care practitioners post go-live – is now just a couple of clicks away.
Discover Dive deepens the integration between Discover and the Clinical Portal by enabling a user to identify a patient through a dashboard and to access their record in context seamlessly.
Collaborative Worklists 1.13 incorporates acute care customer feedback
Collaborative Worklists is an effective and efficient workflow and patient list management tool for clinicians, integrated into the clinical record. It provides individuals, teams and organisations with a convenient way to visualise and create lists of patients for an array of clinical use cases and is part of our Coordinate suite of solutions. Join the Ryver customer collaboration platform to access the recording of our recent webinar on care coordination that took place on September 17th to find out more.
Collaborative Worklists 1.13 has been developed with feedback from our acute care customers, particularly those based in New Zealand and Scotland, in mind. The feedback cited two key areas:
- A requirement that the ability to archive a list should be limited to specified users
- The need for specified users to be able to search and un-archive a list, removing the need to raise a support desk request
What is included in the release?
- New feature* – Permission profiles allow creators of custom lists to control who can archive a list by providing ‘owner’ or ‘guest’ status
- New feature* – Enabling list ‘owners’ to view and restore archived lists in the event that one has been archived in error or simply requires reinstating
- New screen* – The list members screen clearly shows users’ names, user ids, job titles and the permission profiles that the list members have for the list
- User interface – Starred lists have changed to pinned lists to reflect user feedback
- New feature – Textual display columns now show more/less text per column enabling more control around screen real estate where you want to display text from Care Pathways forms
- Domain (data) refresh enhancements – To improve reliability and performance
- General bug fixes
*Features are shown in product screenshots.
If you have any comments or questions on this update, please contact your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.